Search engine optimization strategies can take on many different forms, but one of the most effective ways to rank highly on search engines like Google and Bing and capture more business is through local SEO Google. With more than 95% of consumers turning to search engines like Google to find local businesses, it’s important that you’re listed and optimized on these platforms if you want to be found by potential customers searching your area. These tips can help you start optimizing your Google My Business listing today.
What is local SEO?
This is the promotion of the website in local search results. In this case, the geolocation strategies of keywords are used. All searches are then limited to a given group of recipients most often associated with a given city. So this is a way to narrow down your SERP scores. It’s an important part of any small business’s marketing strategy. When doing business in Scotland, you need to optimize your website for the needs of the inhabitants of your own city. So you have to find the best Scotland SEO strategies that will help you be more visible.
Why do you need to go online?
In today’s digital world, potential customers are searching online for the products and services they need. If your business isn’t visible in search engine results, you’re missing out on valuable leads. Fortunately, there are steps you can take to improve your ranking and get found by people in your area who are looking for what you have to offer. How does it look in practice?
- around 46% of searches are for local businesses and stores,
- 1 in 3 people searches for a place they are going to visit,
- nearly half of customers go to the store within one day of searching,
- 80% of local results are converted.
Benefits of local optimization
- When customers search for businesses like yours in their local area, you want your business to show up.
- Optimizing your Google My Business listing is a great way to make sure you’re being found.
- Not only will this help you get more customers, but it can also help you improve your overall search engine ranking.
- Local optimization is also a great way to build relationships with other businesses in your community.
- If you go the extra mile and work on connecting with other businesses in your area, they’ll be happy to reciprocate when you need their support later on.
Google My Business – the virtual business card you need
If you want potential customers in your area to be able to find your business when they’re searching online, you need to make sure you have a strong presence on Google My Business. GMB is a free listing that allows businesses to control how they appear in search results. The relevant business card will be displayed in the SERP results along with basic details such as address, opening hours, photos, reviews and comments. Your website is then much more readable and, moreover, it works with indexing robots.
Tips for optimizing GMB listing
- Start by claiming your business and verifying your listing. This will give you control over what information is displayed about your business, and also help to ensure that only accurate information is being shown.
- Optimize your business name, address, and phone number (NAP) to match what’s on your website and other online directories. This helps Google understand that your GMB listing is for the same business as your website, and can prevent duplicate listings from appearing in search results.
- Fill out as much of your profile as possible so people know more about your business. Include categories relevant to your business type, a good description of what you do, a link to your website or blog, photos, hours of operation and contact info.
- Don’t forget to provide links to your social media profiles! When it comes time to post new content, make sure you update this page too.
- Lastly, go through and make sure all the information in your GMB account matches up with what’s on your website. Don’t forget – consistency counts!
Local SEO is all about making sure your business is visible to people in your area who are searching for the products or services you offer. One of the best ways to do this is by optimizing your Google My Business listing. There’s a lot more that goes into local SEO, but if you follow these steps, it will be much easier to get found on the internet and rank higher on Google’s search engine results pages. Don’t run away from the local, take advantage of it. The figures speak for themselves how important this strategy is for the company’s development.
Main photo: Arkan Perdana/unsplash.com